Join us for a day of exploring and developing strategies at the low-cost of $199, $169 for MPACE members.
As artificial intelligence and machine learning become an integral part of the job search, the landscape of career services is evolving faster than ever before. Technology advancements are incrementally defining our realities and capacity every day. Many of our personal, interpersonal, social, and professional functions are being guided, augmented, anticipated, and even executed for us. It is critical that career centers begin to tap into technological innovation to maximize partnerships with vendors, students, and employers alike. This year’s Career Services Institute will tackle the challenges and opportunities presented by artificial intelligence in the field.
Associate Dean for Academic Operations and Professor of Computer Science, University of San Francisco
Chris is Associate Dean for Academic Operations and Professor of Computer Science at the University of San Francisco. Chris came to USF in 2002 after completing his Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of Michigan. He also holds an M.S. in Computer Science from San Francisco State University, and a B.A. and J.B.A. in English and Journalism, respectively, from the University of Wisconsin.
Chris’ research interests involve artificial intelligence, machine learning, and multiagent systems. He’s interested in the ways in which human and computational agents can learn from and with each other, and how AI systems can optimize their learning behavior. He’s also extremely passionate about using technology to address problems related to social justice, and has led service projects in San Francisco and Peru that work to address issues around digital access and inclusion.
- Understand the fundamentals of artificial intelligence and its impact on career services
- Discover how AI can enhance personal experience and professional development
- Help students make better career-related decisions without human interaction
- Move away from data-informed customization to AI-based recommendations in targeted content for students
Career Services Institute is now an MPACE offering. The fee for MPACE members is $169 and the fee for non-MPACE members is $199.
Santa Clara University
Santa Clara, California
Need to register before paying? Commit to participating by June 26 and pay by July 5. To do so, please:
- Send an email to email@example.com entitled “Participating at CSI”
- In the email please include:
- The session that you are planning on attending (i.e., Santa Clara University OR University of Utah)
- Your name and email address, and the names and emails of the colleagues planning on participating with you
- the name of your institution
Hope to see you there!